Evolution Aqua Med Sedative is a topical treatment for Koi. EA Sedative reduces fish stress to allow minor surgical procedures, scrapes and examinations to take place when treating or assessing illnesses in Koi Carp.
Use when Koi appear to be unwell and sedation is required to investigate any issues in more detail.
EA Medication Range
Introducing Evolution Aqua’s range of professional koi medications. The EA range of powerful active medications are aimed at Koi keepers who need to take care of their prized Koi Carp when bacterial, fungal or parasitic diseases arise. Fully VMD approved, the EA Med range includes Malachite Green, Formaldehyde, FMG Mix and Acriflavine, available in 500ml and 1litre bottles. There are also two topical treatments available, Wound Cleaner and Sedative, available in 100ml bottles.
All EA Medications undergo full quality control testing before they are bottled to ensure the formulations are consistently of the highest quality, all delivered by a brand you can trust.
1) Read instructions and prepare everything to make the procedure as stress free as possible. Fill the treatment bath with just enough pond water to cover the fish and add an air stone. In the unlikely event of an adverse reaction, or to recover the fish, make sure another untreated bath is ready with an air stone.
2) Shake the bottle thoroughly for 1 minute every time prior to dosing. Add 5ml to the bath per 10L of water (1 pipette = 1ml). DO NOT ADD TO THE POND. Dissolve the sedative in a cup of warm water first then mix thoroughly into the bath. Wait for 5 minutes to disperse.
3) Catch the fish and place into the treatment. Once it can be handled without struggling, it is ready (usually after 3 to 5 minutes). The fish may roll onto its side but should be slowly moving its gills. At 5 minute intervals, add an extra dose if the fish does not become calm enough to handle.
4) Place the fish onto a wet towel, cover the eyes and treat the wound. Ask someone to help ensure the fish remains still.
5) Once treated, immediately place the fish into the recovery bath or pond near an air stone or filter outlet. Release once it can swim upright (usually after 3 minutes).
6) Observe the fish to ensure revival.
NOTE: All fish require different levels of sedative. This product is designed to slowly and safely sedate them so don’t panic if it takes several doses or longer than 10 minutes. If the fish reacts adversely or you feel uncomfortable, return the fish to clean water. Do not leave the fish unattended.
Order before 2:00pm for same day dispatch.
Orders under £49
Standard Delivery Service - £3.95
Delivery takes 1-2 working days.
UK Express Delivery - £5.95
Upgrade your order to next working day delivery.
Orders Over £49
UK Express Delivery - FREE!
FREE next working day courier delivery via DPD Local.
If for any reason you are not satisfied with your purchase from Pond Planet, you may return the product(s) to us within 14 days of the purchase date for a refund or exchange.
Goods must be returned in perfect and unused condition, in their original packaging. The buyer must ensures that the goods are securely and adequately packed to avoid damage and the purchaser pays all postage costs. We recommend that products are returned by recorded delivery or by carrier that requires a signature. Pond Planet accepts no responsibility for goods returned to us unless signed proof can be provided.
You can use any of the payment types listed at the bottom of the page to pay for your order. Your details are safe with us as we take security very seriously indeed.
We also take fraud very seriously so all credit and debit card transactions are subject to validation, authorisation and security checks by both the card issuer and ourselves.
Please note - We DON'T store your credit card details on line.
We collect information about you for two reasons: firstly, to process your order and second, to provide you with the best possible service.
We will not email you in the future unless you have given your consent and will give you the chance to refuse any marketing email from thereafter.