Evolution Aqua Med Formaldehyde is an effective anti-parasite treatment for Koi. EA Formaldehyde is a powerful, active medication that works to treat parasite diseases such as White Spot, Costia, Chilodonella and Trichodina in Koi Carp.
Use when Koi appear to be flicking, white spots are visible, Koi are gasping at the surface or mucus appears on their body.
EA Medication Range
Introducing Evolution Aqua’s range of professional koi medications. The EA range of powerful active medications are aimed at Koi keepers who need to take care of their prized Koi Carp when bacterial, fungal or parasitic diseases arise. Fully VMD approved, the EA Med range includes Malachite Green, Formaldehyde, FMG Mix and Acriflavine, available in 500ml and 1litre bottles. There are also two topical treatments available, Wound Cleaner and Sedative, available in 100ml bottles.
EA Medications have a powerful and effective two step dosing process that makes them kinder to fish whilst giving a high active dose rate. This means the fish have time to acclimatise to the treatment from day 1 to 3, with an additional dose added on day 4, rather than being exposed to an aggressive treatment from the off. Some parts of illness lifecycles cannot be killed so active ingredients need to be high for a longer period to attack these parts when the vulnerable part comes around. White spot is a great example of this.
All EA Medications undergo full quality control testing before they are bottled to ensure the formulations are consistently of the highest quality, all delivered by a brand you can trust.
1) Calculate the pond’s volume using the following calculation: Length in metres x width in metres x average depth in metres x 1000 = Litres, divide by 4.54 for gallons.
2) Shake bottle well.
3) Switch off UV bulbs until 7 days after the last dose. Remove all activated carbon and zeolite from filters.
4) Using the dosing cap provided, add 1 x 20ml dose per 2600 litres (572 gals) of pond water. Add the medication to a bucket of pond water and then distribute this evenly over the ponds surface.
5) This is a two-dose treatment, the pond should be treated again three days later at roughly the same time. For best results, dose with EA Malachite Green or for ease of use, dose with EA FMG Mix instead.
6) If necessary, it is safe to repeat the course of treatment 7 days after the last dose is finished, following a 20% water change.
7) Check all water quality parameters as poor water quality is often a cause of illness.
NOTE: Do not dose during stormy or humid weather. Always aerate the pond well throughout treatment. Allow time to observe fish after dosing in case of the unlikely event of an adverse reaction. For use only with Koi Carp. Always wear protective gloves when handling chemicals. Do not use if water temperature is above 25°C.
Order before 2:00pm for same day dispatch.
Orders under £49
Standard Delivery Service - £3.95
Delivery takes 1-2 working days.
UK Express Delivery - £5.95
Upgrade your order to next working day delivery.
Orders Over £49
UK Express Delivery - FREE!
FREE next working day courier delivery via DPD Local.
If for any reason you are not satisfied with your purchase from Pond Planet, you may return the product(s) to us within 14 days of the purchase date for a refund or exchange.
Goods must be returned in perfect and unused condition, in their original packaging. The buyer must ensures that the goods are securely and adequately packed to avoid damage and the purchaser pays all postage costs. We recommend that products are returned by recorded delivery or by carrier that requires a signature. Pond Planet accepts no responsibility for goods returned to us unless signed proof can be provided.
You can use any of the payment types listed at the bottom of the page to pay for your order. Your details are safe with us as we take security very seriously indeed.
We also take fraud very seriously so all credit and debit card transactions are subject to validation, authorisation and security checks by both the card issuer and ourselves.
Please note - We DON'T store your credit card details on line.
We collect information about you for two reasons: firstly, to process your order and second, to provide you with the best possible service.
We will not email you in the future unless you have given your consent and will give you the chance to refuse any marketing email from thereafter.